Monday, May 2, 2011

Obama finds Osama

Last night was just like any other Sunday night - procrastinating doing my homework, listening to music, and catching up on life on Facebook. As I was talking to my brother, I turned back to the computer screen to find three statuses: "Bin Laden is dead", "good job USA", and "God bless America". I jumped on ABC News to find out that Bin Laden has been killed by US troops. My brother and I were shocked for two reasons: 1) the man America has been trying to kill for nearly a decade, the world's most wanted man, is finally dead, and 2) we discovered one of the most historic, thrilling, and shocking events of our lifetime through Facebook. I have never been more thankful for having a computer as I was last night. Because I was procrastinating doing my work, I was able to find out about Bin Laden's death, learn more information on ABC News, and watch Obama's message on the TV. Then, I immediately thought about the next presidential election and how this will affect his campaign. Perhaps Republicans who don't like him will reconsider, now knowing that America's #1 target is no longer alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment