Thursday, May 5, 2011

30 Goals Challenge: Goal 8

For goal #8, I have to choose the theme song of my life. The theme song of my life has to describe my personality, the way I am, and how I interact with the people around me.
As I have blogged about numerous times, I love Taylor Swift songs. They embody the lives of every  girl out there in an honest and up-front way. I can't pick just one song of hers, though. I don't have just one soundtrack song to my life. For instance, her songs "Long Live" and "Fearless" are about being, well, fearless and going after what you want. You don't take no for an answer. And some days I'm like that. Other days, I'm not. Other days I'm wishing I was the girl with the typical football player, and that's why "You Belong With Me" and "Sparks Fly" would apply to my life. There are other times when I've been hurt by others, and "Tell Me Why" and "You're Not Sorry" are the perfect fit. That's why I love her music, because on any given day, I can relate to any one of her songs.
My newest music influence is Robyn, and up-and-coming indie singer. Her song "Dancing on My Own" is great, and I really suggest that everyone listen to it. My friends don't like her, but her music is so unique. This song is about a girl who sees her love at a party dancing with another girl, but her angst and sadness portray the realism in this situation. By the end of the song, she begins to scream, and it's my favorite part, because that's when I can feel her emotion. That song is very relatable to my life.
John Mayer, my newest obsession, has a song "Half of My Heart", which is very honest - you love someone, but you don't love them enough. It's hard to realize, but he sings it in such a beautiful way. In addition, I'm a little biased because Taylor Swift makes surprise vocals at the end of the song. "Half of My Heart" is so sad, but it's so true. I know so many people, from myself to my friends and siblings, who have "loved" someone, but they didn't even realize that they can't be together because the love isn't strong enough.
Ingrid Michaelson's "Maybe" is also, sad. (I'm seeing a trend with these sad songs...) She sings that she will be the one to end their relationship, but if time figures itself out, they'll be together in the end. I don't know if the song to my life, but the message has been really inspirational for me. Many times with boyfriends I thought were "the one" turned out not to be, but the only way to figure that out is to take time apart. If time sorts itself out, and the "one" comes back to you, then it's true love. This song is extremely sad, because it's so true about real life. The line "the only way to really know is to really let it go" is a great line - the only way you'll know it's true love is if you let it go.
"White Horse" by Taylor Swift is probably the best representation of who I am. To begin with, the music video is extremely sentimental. It starts out with Taylor singing about hiding her sadness, trying to be happy for herself and her boyfriend, being a naiive teenage girl. The chorus emphasizes that she knows fairy tales aren't real, however it changes in the end, when she changes the words in the chorus, singing that she knows there is someone out there for her, and he is not the guy. I feel like this song is very relatable to who I am. I am the type of girl who wishes for that Prince Charming, but soon enough, every girl has to realize that there isn't a prince who will save you on a white horse, but the world is huge, and there is that man for you. That is the soundtrack to my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment