Thursday, May 12, 2011

Food Feud

Cafeteria food is notorious for being unhealthy. It's not that the cooks, or lunch ladies, don't care about what they're giving us, but when all is said and done, it comes down to money. They're more willing to serve unhealthy foods at a cheaper cost than more organic, healthy foods that are more costly. It's sad that that is what our generation has come to. Just recently in health class, we watched "Fast Food Nation", and I learned a lot about food, and what we think is healthy and what actually is healthy. Not only that, but the way the animals are treated before being killed is terrible, disgraceful, and nonethical. That's what made me stop and think about what our world has come to. As for cafeteria food? I never bought lunch. Yeah, I had a few french fries here and there, but my mom has always packed my lunch - peanut butter and jelly sandwich, iced tea, and either cookies or chips. It's always been that way. I don't know. Call me cheesy or corny, but I like having my mom make me a sandwich, because it really is made out of love, whereas my friends who eat hamburgers (with questionable meat) get it from ladies who just make them in piles, and not made specifically for them.

1 comment:


  1. Dinner ideas
    Hamburger recipes

    Find Delicious Recipes For Vegetarians Or Meat Eaters alike Recipes With Protein,Calories, and Carbs Nutritional Facts. Directions On How To Make It. check this Site for more information www.muchorecipes.com

    ReplyDelete