Wednesday, May 18, 2011

School Policies

As I was reading these policies, I figured I would find some leigh-way with somke of these offenses. "Maybe 'inappropriateness' in blogging is just freedom of speech", "maybe we need to send our home address to someone for a certain class", but then I stopped myself. The only way to protect the students in this school is to enforce safety regulations. I think these rules seem fairly reasonable. In simple words: if you're doing something you know you shouldn't be doing, the school will punish you. Burlington has been pretty low-key about cell phones, iPods, and Facebooking. I would love to talk to students who have problems with these rules, because, let's face it, they're really not that bad. They're not telling us to pretend we don't have a Facebook or Twitter, but these policies are simply telling us, the students, to be smart on the internet.

No comments:

Post a Comment