Wednesday, May 4, 2011

30 Goals Challenge: Goal 3

For goal #3, I have to start an adventure. My adventure will be occurring this summer, and it terrifies me yet excites me at the same time. My uncle, aunt, brother, and cousins have all worked at a volunteer special needs camp, Camp Fatima, for numerous years. No one gets paid, and each adult is given a special needs child, adult, or senior citizen, to be the counselor for an entire week. Though it may sound terrible and easy to some, it is extremely difficult but quite rewarding. Now that I am 18 years old, I am able to be a counselor. Because I want to major in special ed at Wheelock, I will be working as a counselor this summer. I am frightened, knowing that a person's life is in my hands for an entire week, but I know this will be great preparation and a good indicator of what kind of special education teacher I will be. Luckily I will have my uncle and brother this summer with me, but I will not know anyone else, and it scares me. That will be my adventure for the summer, and hopefully many more summers to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment