Monday, March 28, 2011

Passion

After watching William Richardson's TED Talk video, it really striked me that he was naming teenagers, my very own age, accomplishing their passions simply on their own. No one had to push a girl to play piano for 4 hours a day. No one had to force a boy to take pictures with his camera outside. They pushed and forced themselves. I love to write. Given, teachers and my parents have forced me to write papers and essays, but blogging has become my escape, and no one is forcing me to do that. So for Tess with "Don't Stop Believin'" and Mark with his NFL camera footages, that is their escape. Mine has become writing. I think finding a hobby or passion and actively doing it without someone's push is the most effective, because you're doing it for yourself, not someone else. When I blog, I'm not blogging to please my friends. When Tess is playing the piano, she isn't try to please her parents - it's for herself.

No comments:

Post a Comment