Thursday, March 3, 2011

The iPad 2

I haven't done my research on the iPad 2, because I was extremely shocked to find out what the new one has to offer, compared to the original iPad. As soon as I travel to the Apple Store website, there's a large picture of this new iPad, and it clearly says right above it, "Thinner. Lighter. Faster. FaceTime. Smart Covers. 10-hour battery." These simple words create a huge message. Thinner than the original iPad?! It was already thin to begin with! Lighter?! Now it's easier to carry it around. FaceTime, I believe, is its best improvement. I know from personal experience, when I want to Skype with my sister on my uncle's iPad, I'm not able to, but now we will be able to Skype with the entire family around on this thin and light iPad 2.

But, when I look up reviews on this new, mysterious, exciting iPad 2, I see reviews bashing this new little puzzle piece to the puzzle of technology. Of course, no shocker, the PC website criticizes the iPad 2, calling it a "Nintendo-Sony-Microsoft killer". Yes, I do believe that teenage boys will be more likely to play Call of Duty on their iPad 2 rather than an outdated Nintendo system, but in no way does this make the iPad a "killer". And if it does, so what? Over time, things get outdated and never used again. They state, "Blame Apple. For all the company's magical 'post-PC' preachifying, it's never been any good at getting out in front of its technology and selling it more than conceptually to gamers." What the PC website does is choose one tradeoff of having an iPad 2, and uses it against them. They neglect to accept the fact that playing games is the least to do on an iPad, of course they don't want to acknowledge that. Internet, now Skype, typing/writing, reading, calculator. They have it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment