Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Media's Take on History

Growing up with semi-old parents who were alive and remembered having JFK as a president, they rant and rave about their favorite president all the time. Because I've been exposed to his life ever since I was little - watching shows about the 1960's, frequently visiting the JFK library, and watching an immense amount of documentaries and films about the Kennedy family - I've grown my own admiration for the former Boston president. Needless to say, I was thrilled to hear that ReelzChannel was broadcasting its new miniseries "The Kennedys".
I never got the chance to see the show. And I don't think I will, either. After reading numerous articles about the factual inaccuracies, the phony accents, and the horrible acting, I became furious. The Kennedy family rejected the idea of a movie being made about their family, and then this miniseries was made. Which is probably more of a disgrace than the movie could have been.
I guess what I'm trying to get at is that I hate how truly good people get bashed by media in an inaccurate way. Sure, you can make fun of Britney Spears's "shaving head scandal" or Charlie Sheen's obvious continuous drug use, but those are pretty factual. This miniseries is ReelzChannel's biased view of the Kennedy family. I was just disappointed to know that people are watching a show that is hurtful, mean, and just not true.

No comments:

Post a Comment