Thursday, April 14, 2011

Contradiction Conversation

For the past two days in my English, we've been having class debates. Not just any debates, though. The first day, one half of the classroom had to defend its side that the government should not have any control of the media, such as books, television, and video games. The other side was given the argument that government should have control. The next day, the pro-control group had to become anti-control, and vice versa. It was interesting seeing my classmates contradict themselves from the day before, however, it did teach me a lesson. I actually discovered that the people that were on the opposite side of their actual beliefs defended themselves better than if they were on the side they actually supported. For instance, for my pro-control side, I came up with better arguments than if I were on the anti-control side, because I wasn't biased. I used sensible ideas, because I'm not so attached to having control over media. This, quite honestly, was my favorite lesson I've learned this year, because it was so much fun, yet it was extremely educational.

No comments:

Post a Comment