Tuesday, February 8, 2011

When and How Should Kids Learn to Type?




This article speaks the truth. Typing has become a necessity in modern life today, and it's extremely important, both mentally and physically. The more words that are typed, the more the brain works. In elementary school, my classmates and I were forced to take a 30-minute class called "Type to Learn", and honestly, it was a waste of time. At the age of eleven, we were typing more than "dog", "tree", and "jump". It was more like we should have given the program to the teachers. To this day I still have to help my dad type on the computer. I get impatient sometimes, because in the two minutes it takes him to write a sentence, I can write a paragraph. It is never too early to learn to type. What's wrong with working the mind and fingers? In my opinion, the best part about typing is that my ideas don't run out as I'm typing. When I hand write, I lose all train of focus and forget what I'm trying to say. That's my biggest pet peeve. When I'm typing on a keyboard, I get everything down on a computer screen that I want it to say in a matter of seconds.

No comments:

Post a Comment